The Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport recently received the 2011 Airports Going Green award for the airport’s sustainable master plan project. This prestigious award recognizes the value of this project and outstanding leadership in pursuit of sustainability within the aviation industry. The award was presented by Chicago O’Hare International Airport Commissioner Rosemarie Andolino at the 4th annual Airports Going Green Conference on October 31 in Chicago.
The chapters from the draft phase 2 report are now available for download and review. The report has been broken down into each chapter (or partial chapter) so that the files are easier to download. If you have trouble downloading these files, please contact Courtney Armbruster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover & Table of Contents (1mb)
- Executive Summary (1.5mb)
- Chapter 1 (453k)
- Chapter 2 part 1 (4mb)
- Chapter 2 part 2 (1.9mb)
- Chapter 3 (772k)
- Chapter 4 (279k)
- Chapter 5 (2.5mb)
- Chapter 6 (1mb)
- Chapter 6 Figures 6-1 through 6-6 (2.5mb)
- Chapter 6 Figures 6-7 through 6-15 (3mb)
- Appendix A—Airport Advisory Committee (251k)
- Appendix B—Airport Survey Results (413k)
- Appendix C—Environmental Correspondence and Documentation (933k)
- Appendix D—Glossary and Abbreviations (276k)
- Appendix E—Sustainability Baseline Data (5.1mb)
- Appendix F—Alternative Analysis (24k)
- Appendix G—Cornell Student Reports part 1 (1.25mb)
- Appendix G—Cornell Student Reports part 2 (5.5mb)
- Appendix G—Cornell Student Reports part 3 (7.7mb)
- Appendix G—Ithaca College Student Reports part 1 (6mb)
- Appendix G—Ithaca College Student Reports part 2 (5.5mb)
- Appendix G—Ithaca College Student Reports part 3 (4.8mb)
C&S’s Charlie McDermott, LEED AP, and Courtney Armbruster, LEED AP presented a session at the Southwest Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives’ Summer Conference in San Diego on Tuesday, July 20. Their “Sustainable Master Planning” presentation explained the concept of sustainable airport master planning and talked specifically about the ongoing Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport sustainable master plan.
Download the presentation here:
SWAAAE_presentation (2.2 mb)
Charlie McDermott, LEED AP, and Courtney Armbruster, LEED AP, of the C&S Companies presented a session entitled “Sustainable Master Planning” at the Federal Aviation Administration’s Western Pacific Annual Conference in Los Angeles on June 3. The presentation discusses the process and benefits of sustainable master planning and discusses the Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport as a case study.
Download the presentation here:
Sustainable Master Planning (3.3 mb)
Teams of undergraduate students in Dr. Scott Erickson’s “Social and Non-Profit Marketing” class and MBA students in Dr. Joe Sprangel’s “Sustainability Practices in Operations and Technology” class presented their recommendations for more sustainable airport operations. The teams worked closely throughout the spring semester with representatives from the Ithaca-Tompkins Regional Airport and consultants from C&S Companies in Syracuse on phase II implementation strategies for this master planning process.
On March 3, Airport Manager Bob Nicholas and C&S team members Charlie McDermott and Courtney Armbruster gave a presentation about the sustainable master plan at the FAA’s 33rd Annual Airport Conference in Hershey, Pennsylvania.